The generation of the processor is the first number after i9, i7, i5, or i3.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-1165G7 is 11th generation because the number 11 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-10710U is 10th generation because the number 10 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i9-9900 is 9th generation because the number 9 is listed after i9.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9850H is 9th generation because the number 9 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-8600 is 8th generation because the number 8 is listed after i5.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i3-7350K is 7th generation because the number 7 is listed after i3.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-6400T is 6th generation because the number 6 is listed after i5.
In your Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, right-click Start button and click “File Explorer”;
Next, on the left bar, right-click “This PC” and click “Properties”;
Right under Windows 10 logo and System, you’d see processor name i.e.
Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-5300U CPU
Notice the number 5 immediately after the i5. That first number is the generation of the Intel processor that you are looking for;